Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Controlling the Scrap - Version 1.2

Last (for now) but not least is another card lift that I liked b/c it not only used scraps but it also had the ability to show off some of the busy papers that I tend not to use from my 6x6 pads. Their print is usually too busy or large to see the detail when I add all the other layers. With the large mat and no competing image or die cut, you can see it well in this sketch.

These took a little more planning for two reasons. #1 I don't have a variety of colored stamp pads-which would have made the sentiment less time consuming. Instead I pulled out my Spectrum Noir markers and used those to coordinate the sentiment. #2 I had to do a few trial and error cuts from my Cricut for the label. It probably doesn't help that I'm a bit picky and refuse to just go with the first one that fits =) Even then I put these five cards together fairly quickly.

Card dimensions: 4.5" x 6.25"
Mat: 5.5" x 2.5"
Bookmark style strips: 1.25" x 4" and 1.25" x 3.5"
Label (from Gypsy Wanderings): 3.2" x 1.4" (unlock ratio)

 You will notice a little extra detail on the floral patterned cards below. I felt that the sentiment I had stamped for the others was a little too mod so I went with a scripty sentiment on these. It looked a bit boring with the very white card base and brown ink, so I punched a scalloped border from the center almost to each edge. I then adhered a coordinating strip of cardstock underneath.

Thanks so much for joining me on my "lose the scrap" journey. My scrap pile feels a bit more under control now and my stash is ready for the next spur of the moment event we are invited to =)

1 comment:

  1. I like this sketch too and the pretty papers! Thanks for sharing which cartridge the label is from, I like it and have that one!