Sunday, August 18, 2013

Controlling the Scrap, continued

I had so much fun whittling down my scrap pile last week-end that I have continued the trend this week as well. I had grand plans to purge my house, shed and storage unit in preparation for a garage sale. All the other weeks that I have planned to tackle that project this summer, the weather was uncooperative. This week was PERFECT. And that's when my allergies decided to act up. Of course! So what's a gal with sniffles and sneezing, itchy eyes and throat to do? Well, I couldn't go digging up more dust. So, of course, I had to sit at my work space and craft. Yep! And I did! Eighteen more cards since my last post--for a grand total of 37 cards from Saturday to Saturday.

So...on with the pictures because I know you all want to see what I have accomplished.

This first card was so fun. I was able to utilize all sizes of scraps. I set up the pennant/banner pieces on my Cricut (putting to use odds and ends cuts from my card bases to do trial runs for size =) using the Birthday Bash cartridge, sized as follows.

Card dimensions: 4.5" x 6.25"
Top piece: 4.25" x 3"
Strip across top piece: 4.25" x 1.25"
Pennants in order of appearance (unlock ration as needed):
.95" x 1.20"
.75" x 1.20"
.95" x 1.50"
.75" x 2.20" (flower inset from Paisley at .65" x .63")
.95" x 1.50"

The card from which I scraplifted had a white stamped sentiment in the lower left corner. I liked that look against the kraft base but I didn't have a white stamp pad. So again, I used my Cricut and cut my sentiment out of scrap white cardstock.

If I was going to make more, I think I would make the top piece shorter by half an inch or so and I would use more of a print on that piece as I love the card above with the polka dot pattern best.

1 comment: