Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Controlling the Scrap - Version 1.1

My next card was one that utilized narrow strips of three coordinating papers. I went a little less crazy with that one and only did four =) I LOVED how this one turned out and feel like the de-bossed white background added just the finishing touch I needed. My embossing folders had a little too much detail and were too small for the card size I was working with. So I ended up going for a simple quarter inch vertical stripe using my Martha Stewart scoring board. I was even able to use up some of my miscellaneous mini brads that I have had FOREVER! I adhered the strips by only one line of glue at the top so they would "hang" and add a bit of dimension at the bottom.




Card dimensions: 4.5" x 6.25"
Mat: 4.25" x 6"
Strips: .75" wide by 4", 3.75" and 3.5"
Sentiment strips: 4.25" x .75"






1 comment:

  1. I really like this sketch and the score marks really make the cards pop!

    ReplyDelete