Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Least I Can Do Is Thank You

My brother-in-law was very suddenly diagnosed with brain cancer in February. The diagnosis resulted in emergency surgery. We were able to be with the family that day and again on the weekend. But when we returned home, I felt very helpless in bearing my in-laws burden.
The out-pouring of love, support and help from friends and family was amazing. And so it wasn't long until I realized there was one tiny thing I could do from a distance. While my in-laws held bed-side vigils and later spent countless miles traveling back and forth to the rehab facility, I was home making thank you cards. I asked my mother-in-law to send me names along with a short description of what I was to thank them for, as they came to mind.
Here are samples of the first batch I made:
(please excuse the green tint to these photos and the black smudge that must have been on the lens)

No comments:

Post a Comment